This course will benefit project workers, treasurers, management committee members, directors, co-coordinators and anyone who contributes to the preparation of the organisation’s budget. It is most suitable for those responsible for the preparation and monitoring the organisation’s finances, i.e. managers and finance officers.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- understand the differences between zero based and incremental budgeting
- understand flexible budgeting to enable them to compare like with like
- understand how budgets are used for planning and decision making
- understand how to prepare a mini and master budget
- compare actual and budget figures
- how budgets are used as a means of motivation