This course would allow you to have better understanding and interpretation of your financial statements position at year end.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- understand the essential accounting terminologies e.g. debtors, creditors, etc
- understand how to interpret and improve their organisation’s reporting, if necessary
- understanding the reporting differences of voluntary sector accounts AND understand the requirements of a Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP 2011)
- read and understand various year-end accounts
- differences between private and voluntary sector accounts
- understand ratio analysis
- recognise organisations that may possibly fail
This course is suitable for treasurers, management committee members, finance staff and other interested staff and volunteers who want a better understanding of what is happening financially within their organisations and how best to report on their organisations finances to funders.